Being gluten intolerant, pasta and I haven’t always had the greatest relationship, but I’ve finally found a “Smarter Way to Pasta” with Explore Cuisine! Their range is gluten free, organic, non-GMO and vegan range PLUS it’s packed with protein and fibre. Whipped up this delicious easy tomato garlic protein pasta in less than 15 minutes and it’s fast becoming my favourite go-to meal. And they also bring purpose to the pasta party putting their fair trade and sustainability values to work with the Food to Thrive Foundation. Hope you enjoy the recipe, you can use any of the pastas in their range – yum!
EASY GARLIC TOMATO PROTEIN PASTA
1 box (250g) of Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli
1 punnet (250g) of roma tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 bunch fresh mint leaves
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
Balsamic vinegar (optional)
Goat’s cheese/cottage cheese (optional)
- Bring 2 litres of water to boil. Add Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain
- While pasta is cooking, chop roma tomatoes into halves or quarters
- Heat olive oil in a plan over a medium flame
- Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper
- Sauté and shake pan frequently until tomatoes start to wrinkle and soften for about two minutes
- Stir in crushed garlic and continue to shake pan until garlic becomes fragrant
- Take off heat and stir in chopped basil leaves
- Combine tomatoes with drained pasta and toss through
- Drizzle with extra olive oil to taste and a dash of balsamic vinegar for an extra boost of flavour
- Garnish with salt, pepper, torn fresh mint and fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!
This recipe is sponsored by the amazing team at Explore Cuisine.
To find out more, follow @explorecuisine.